The boundary of Vettucaud Madre de Deus Parish is extended in the Trivandrum Corporation wards of Shanghumugham and Vettucaud. The area is the locus of different institutions, both civil and ecclesiastical. Each and every institution in this area has contributed to the welfare and development of the people in this area. The people of this parish have contributed their part for the growth and welfare of these institutions. The parish has better rapport with these institutions and the parish administration collaborates with these institutions for the betterment of the society.

Some of the renowned institutions are listed below:

Parochial House/Rectory


The Vettucaud Madre de Deus Parish had its own Rectory as the residence of the priests adjacent to the church building. The old rectory which was demolished in 1993 was a two-storied building with teakwood floor on the first floor and wooden ceiling and stairs. Rt. Rev. Dr. Jacob Acharuparambil OFM Cap, Bishop of Trivandrum blessed the foundation stone for the new parochial house, when Fr. G. Stephen was the parish priest. On 30 October 1992, the present Parochial House was blessed by Bishop Soosa Pakiam when Fr. Romanse L. was the parish priest.

Christ The King Book Stall


Christ The King Book Stall is the Vettucaud parish facility for the pilgrims and the faithful to collect spiritual literature, prayer books, souvenirs, candles, medals, rosaries and statues for their use. The book stall began its active operation in the year 1998, and has renovated the premises periodically. At present, the book stall has 9 staff to assist the customers, and a good collection of various spiritual materials.

Information Centre


Information Centre began its functioning in 1991 in a small room adjacent to the parochial house wall. This center helps the pilgrims by providing necessary information about the church and shrine, booking Mass and sacraments, receiving donations, selling offerings like Muthukuda and blessed oil etc. At present, the Centre is located at the extreme northeast area of the parochial house.

Pilgrim Amenity Centre


Considering the need for the facilities to the pilgrims who come from distant locations, the parish has decided and built a Pilgrim Centre which was completed at the time of Fr. Paul Kurishinkal in 1975. Having seen the need for its renewal, it was demolished in connection with the renovation works of the new church building. Kerala Government's Tourism Department project to provide facilities to the pilgrim centers was also granted to this parish and the present Pilgrim Amenity Center was inaugurated on 19 October 2023 by the Tourism Minister Mohammad Riyas in presence of the MLA and Transport Minister Antony Raju. Fr. George Gomez laid the foundation stone in 2021 for the project and Fr. Edison YM blessed the centre on 20.10.2023.

Christ The King Community Hall


The planning for a community hall for the needs of weddings and meetings was initiated during the time of Fr G Stephen. The foundation stone of the Hall was blessed by His Holiness Pope Saint John Paul II during his visit to Shangumugham in 1986. The foundation stone was laid by Msgr. James Amado in 29 September 1987; and the Hall was blessed by Fr C. Joseph, the then Parish Priest on 29 October 1989. The hall renovation began in 2023; the provision of air conditioning was installed and a new kitchen with more facilities was constructed in January 2024.

Marian Hall


Marian Hall is located just above the Christ The King Book Stall in the church premises of Vettucaud. The area was renovated in the year 2022-23 and inaugurated on 16.10.2022 by His Excellency Most Rev. Dr. Leopoldo Girelli, Apostolic Nuncio to India on his visit to the parish. The hall is used for small parties, gatherings, meetings, etc. The hall has air conditioning facility and a capacity of 200.

St. Mary's Library


The Library Movement contributed the formation of St Mary's Library in 1948. The reading tradition in the parish has had a transformation from a reading hall to an “A” grade Library of the Library Council of Kerala. The Library has more than 20,000 books in collection besides the daily newspapers and different journals. The library has celebrated its Platinum Jubilee Year in 2023 and conducted various programmes related to it. It hosts the art and literary competitions during every Christmas, and many, in spite of creed and caste participate in the competitions. The library provides the hall for small parties, has a senior citizens forum, yoga training, chess training etc.

St. Mary's Sports Club

St. Mary's Sports Club was formed in the year 1920. The club facilitated the formation of many sports players especially in football. Club conducts regular training for children with MIRSA, the sports academy for children and various cricket academies. Every year, the club conducts Christmas Kayikamela (Sports Meet) and a good majority of people of all ages participate in the competitions.

St. Mary's Higher Secondary School


In 1917, the first primary school of the parish was founded at the southern area of the church; and the parish tried for a training school at that time, which came to existence in 1921 but it lasted for only two years. During the time of Fr Cyril D Costa in 1953, initiatives were made for the present St. Mary's HS buildings; chief minister AJ John laid the foundation stone of the school and VK Krishnamenon inaugurated the school. At present, the school is a private Aided school which consists of Grades from 5 to 12; the school is under the corporate management of RC schools of the Latin Archdiocese of Trivandrum. The school is a co-educational one with Malayalam and English medium. The school has a library with 3751 books, computer aided Learning Lab, Math Lab and a ground for sports activities.

Mystical Rose Convent


In 1950 “Mystical Rose Convent” was founded for CTC sisters or Congregation of the Teresian Carmelite when Fr. Peter Puthenpurakal was the parish priest of Vettucaud. Vettucaud parish donated the land on 28.01.1950 and the initial expenses for the construction of the convent building. During the construction phase, Rev. Sisters who came to the parish for pastoral work resided at the house of Fr. Hilary which was called “Kottaram” by the natives. On 31 December 1950, Mystical Rose Convent was inaugurated and Rev. Sr. Isabel was the mother superior of the Convent who was the sister of Fr. Peter. Rev. Sisters of the convent actively involve in the pastoral ministry of the parish. At present, the convent has a Girls boarding, Orphanage and Mystical Rose CBSE School. Rev. Sr. Florencia CTC is the present superior of the convent.

Mystical Rose Convent School


Mystical Rose Convent School was established in the year 2003 and is managed by the CTC (Congregation of the Teresian Carmelites) sisters at Vettucaud parish. The first principal was Rev. Sr. Binu who rendered her services to shape the school with a vision. This CBSE school offers education from kindergarten to 10th grade. The school has the strength of 375 students and 19 teachers in 2024; and Rev. Sr Leeja CTC is the current principal of the school.

Divyasanthi Ashram


Divyasanthi Ashram is managed by the Trivandrum Social Service society/TSSS of the Latin Archdiocese of Trivandrum. CST (Congregation of Sisters of Charity) sisters render their service in the Ashram by providing assistance to the inmates. The inmates of the Divyasanthi Ashram are abandoned, elders, physically and mentally challenged etc. The Ashram was inaugurated on 02 September 1995 by Vicar General Msgr. S. Thomas at the parental home of Rev. Fr Benedict L Jose. The present building of the Ashram at the main road was inaugurated on 19.03.2004 by Archbishop Soosa Pakiam M. Rev. Sr. Keerthana serves as the superior of the community at Divyasanthi Ashram.

St. Mary's LP School


St. Mary's Lower Primary School was established in the year 1958 in the land donated by the parish. This aided school is under the RC Corporate School Management under the Latin Archdiocese of Trivandrum. It was locally managed with the assistance of the CTC sisters for a long period until Mystical Rose Convent School; CBSE was established in the year 2003. The present Headmaster of the school is Raju Y, who is assisted by 13 teaching staff. The school has co-educational system and bilingual medium form pre-KG to IV standard. The school has the strength of 252 students as of in 2024; and offers various extracurricular activities and won the best school recognition of Nalla Padam of the daily Malayala Manorama.